Six Strategies to Supercharge Your BusinessBy Graeme Golucki | December 6, 2016 << Back to Articles
Accessible by: anyone
As the year comes to a close, cleaning professionals are looking for ways to boost their business in 2017. As part of ISSA’s mission to change the way the world views cleaning, the association has developed a wealth of tools to assist you with addressing critical concerns of your customers and take your business to the next level.
These six benefits are some of the tools designed to help everyone from the smallest of startups to the largest contract cleaners thrive in the coming months:
- Educate Your Staff. A prepared employee is a successful employee, and ISSA has a wealth of workshops, seminars, and training tools designed to educate your employees. ISSA presents a variety of educational events and webinars throughout the year. Shop ISSA to find a wide range of books, manuals, interactive software, and DVDs to bolster your staff’s knowledge. The new custodial training DVDs—now available in Spanish–outline the process and procedures necessary to establish an effective cleaning program.
- Certify to the Standards. Differentiate yourself from the competition with ISSA’s certification programs. ISSA’s Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) is the first consensus-based management standard that outlines the primary characteristics of a successful, quality cleaning organization, while the Cleaning Industry Training Standard (CITS) program is designed to increase professionalism and demonstrate a commitment to effective training. Cleaning Management Institute’s (CMI) third-party training has certified more than 100,000 cleaning professionals worldwide. Take advantage of all three programs to stand out in today’s crowded marketplace.
- Tune in to ISSA-TV. Design your customizable training video playlist from ISSA-TV’s extensive video library, which features more than 150 training and educational videos. Topics range from facility management trends and training to product demonstrations and how-to cleaning tips. You can access these videos from almost anywhere with ISSA GO, the association’s new free mobile app, which delivers the latest ISSA videos, industry news, and more straight to your phone or tablet. Download ISSA GO to ensure you’re always on top of the latest cleaning industry information.
- Prove Your Value. ISSA’s Value of Clean® tools and information are designed to help you educate decision makers that cleaning is a necessary investment in better health, a better environment, and a better bottom line. Show facility mangers and other key decision makers that proper cleaning is an investment, not a cost.
- Stay Compliant. As an ISSA member, you can access important regulatory information in the ISSA Reference Library. This comprehensive resource helps you understand various rules and regulations that are specific to the cleaning industry, keeping your employees safe and protecting your business.
- Promote Your Professionalism. ISSA members have a wealth of simple—and free—promotional tools to give your professional reputation an instant boost simply by capitalizing on your ISSA member benefits. Use ISSA member logos on your website and business cards to promote your professionalism and display your affiliation with the worldwide cleaning association. Share ISSA-TV training videos with your clients or embed them on your company’s site. Plus all members also have access to the ISSA Member Press Kit.
Savvy cleaning professionals are already using these six solutions to gain edge on the competition and improve their bottom line. Visit ISSA.com/benefits to see how you too can put ISSA’s myriad member benefits to work for you and set yourself up for success in 2017. If you have any questions, ISSA’s Member Services team is always here to help you maximize your benefits at email@example.com.
About the Author.
Graeme Golucki is ISSA's Web Content Manager and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org; phone, 800-225-4772 (North America) and 847-982-0800.